db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: SharedPoolDataSourceFactory problem
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:22:35 GMT
What DB server are you using?  It sounds like this server
simply does not support a "SELECT 1" query statement.
Try this from your DB isql, mysql, whatever script tool.

If this is the case, then you'll need to figure out a
table-less query to replace the "SELECT 1" or a slightly
less efficient / generic, select from a table that will
return something (might need to be a 1).

> Andras Balogh said:
>
> Hello,
>
> We have developed a web application with Torque3-2.
> We have tested the scenario of stopping the DB server than
> restarting.
> The web application should "discover" that
> the Connections in the pool are broken, drop them and create new ones.
> For this we used these value torque.properties:
>
> torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.testOnBorrow=true
> torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
>
> As described here:
> http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2/runtime/refere
> nce/initialisation-configuration.html
>
> This is not working as expected, we see this in our log:
>
> Property: testOnBorrow value: true is not supported by DataSource:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
> Property: validationQuery value: SELECT 1 is not supported by
> DataSource: org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
>
> I see the properties are passed to the apache dbcp datasource in this
> method:
> AbstractDataSourceFactory.setProperty but I don't know where
> should be
> the error, the error is catched but the stack trace is not
> provided olny
> an error
> in the log.
>
> So there is no way to tell Torque to check for connections in
> the pool
> and drop them if they are invalid.
> Can we set these properties somehow using the Torque class at runtime
> directly from code?
> Can we ask for the current DataSource somehow from Torque?
>
> Thanks,
> Andras.

Duke CE Privacy Statement