db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Writing to the Log File Question
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:15:03 GMT
In addition to needing full paths, you might not be
changing the correct log4j.properties file.  If your
app container uses log4j, it's log4j.properties may
be ignored because the server has initialized it first.
I now Tomcat can have this problem.

I think there might be some tricks floating around
to initialize log4j for a specific app's class loader
rather than using log4j's auto init process.

> Jim Caserta said:
>
> For some reason I am not able to get the log files to write
> where I want them to.
>
> In my log4j.properties file I have tried the following, but
> neither works.. Can anyone help?
> Thank you. Jim
>

> log4j.appender.file.file= /torque.log
> log4j.appender.file.file= /logs/torque.log
> log4j.appender.file.file= ./logs/torque.log
> log4j.appender.file.file=${applicationRoot}/logs/torque.log

Duke CE Privacy Statement