db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Andras Balogh <and...@reea.net>
Subject Re: SharedPoolDataSourceFactory problem
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:46:46 GMT
Hello Greg,

    We are using MS-SQL but the query is not the problem. This query
"SELECT 1" is never called, is is not reaching the
SQL Server (we see this with the Profiler started)
    What happens is that upon Torque.init these 2 properties:

torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1

are not correctly passed to the underlying connection pool, in this case:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource

   Can anybody confirm that he has successful validation and fail over in case of a DB restart
with Torque3.2 with any DB? Strange is that with Torque 3.1 it was working.

   So I'm looking for a workaround to somehow get my hands on the Datasource object
(org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource) and set these properties
by hand.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
Andras