db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Andras Balogh <and...@reea.net>
Subject SharedPoolDataSourceFactory problem
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:54:57 GMT
Hello,

We have developed a web application with Torque3-2.
We have tested the scenario of stopping the DB server than restarting.
The web application should "discover" that
the Connections in the pool are broken, drop them and create new ones.
For this we used these value torque.properties:

torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1

As described here:
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2/runtime/reference/initialisation-configuration.html

This is not working as expected, we see this in our log:

Property: testOnBorrow value: true is not supported by DataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
Property: validationQuery value: SELECT 1 is not supported by
DataSource: org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource

I see the properties are passed to the apache dbcp datasource in this
method:
AbstractDataSourceFactory.setProperty but I don't know where should be
the error, the error is catched but the stack trace is not provided olny
an error
in the log.

So there is no way to tell Torque to check for connections in the pool
and drop them if they are invalid.
Can we set these properties somehow using the Torque class at runtime
directly from code?
Can we ask for the current DataSource somehow from Torque?

Thanks,
Andras.