db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Russ" <tomai1...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Invalid File Index error
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 04:37:48 GMT
Matt McCutchen wrote:
> Yes, rsync will send the complete file list each time it runs.  It seems
> odd to me that building the file list would take 15 minutes; when I back
> up the system partition of my computer (300,000 files) rsync takes
> perhaps 5 minutes to build the file list.

That surely depends on the computer and your disk.
http://www.sirlook.com/dir/
My laptop disk has about 2,000,000 files, and it takes longer than 15
minutes to build the list when doing a backup with rsync.  Also I have
to do two rsync runs, as it can run out of memory if I do the whole
tree with one.  (192MB RAM).

-- Jamie