db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Thill <cthil...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can't save object that has no fields except primary key
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:40:20 GMT
I had the same problem, I thought it was a bug too.

The work around was build a criteria object with the
data you want to insert and then call the insert
method on the peer that takes a criteria.

The problem seems to be that Torque assumes that the
all ids will be generated so when it builds its
criteria object it does not populate it with the
primary keys from the obect.  This is fine if the
primary key is generated by the id broker but does not
work if the primary key of the object is made up of
foreign keys to other objects.

On Saturday 19 August 2006 04:57, Noel Murphy wrote:
> I have a database schema which has one table that
has nothing in it
> except the primary key field. It is basically just a
way of relating
> all sorts of other information together.
> However, when I try to save one of these objects, I
get a
> TorqueException.
> Database insert attempted without anything specified
to insert
> I will admit that I'm fairly new to Torque, however
my other objects
> seems to save alright. In case it matters, I'm using
the idBroker way
> of generating primary key values.
> Any thoughts? Is this a bug?
> Excerpt from my schema.xml file: