db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jim Caserta <smoothie...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Writing to the Log File Question
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:46:41 GMT
Here is my log4k file.. The backslashes is an obvious
difference..

log4j.rootCategory=INFO,file
log4j.category.org.apache.tools.ant.Project=INFO,file,mail

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.TTCCLayout
log4j.appender.file.file=
F:/5chubbapps/server1/Ema/logs/torque.log
##log4j.appender.file.file=${applicationRoot}/logs/torque.log
log4j.appender.file.maxBackupIndex=3
log4j.appender.file.maxFileSize=100KB

--- Greg Monroe <Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com> wrote:

> OK, first let me double check something.  You do
> have more lines in the log4j.properties file
> than that one, right?
>
> Here's an example of one I use:
>
> <code>
> # Global log settings
> # everything not specified below reports at this
> level
> # Use debug to generate massive info.
> log4j.rootLogger=info, RollingFile
>
> # Application log settings
> # packages and subpackages of com.foobar.app at this
> level
> log4j.logger.com.foobar.app=debug, RollingFile
> # Torque diagnostics
> log4j.logger.org.apache.torque=info, RollingFile
>
> # Rolling log file settings
> # limits logs to four 2Mb files

log4j.appender.RollingFile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.RollingFile.File=${catalina.home}\\logs\\tomcat.log
> log4j.appender.RollingFile.MaxFileSize=2000KB
> log4j.appender.RollingFile.MaxBackupIndex=3
> </code>
>
> Note: The torque.ini settings don't seem to work
> (did
> they ever?) Ignore them.
>
> Also a lot of the newer torque classes now use the
> commons-logging API/Interface code.  You may need
> to "connect" log4j to it.  You do this with a
> commons-logging.property file like:
>
> <code>
> #
> # commons-logging config
> #

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Lo
> gFactoryImpl

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogg