db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Thoralf Rickert" <thoralf.rick...@cadooz.de>
Subject Sybase case insensitive column names
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:24:13 GMT
Hi!

I've created a schema.xml for an existing Sybase database and I was able
to generate the corresponding java classes. If I try to make a query
with them I run into a problem. The database uses case sensitive column
names but torque generates uppercase column names. For example the
following query throws an exception, because the column "STATE" cannot
be found (in the database it's called "state").

  SELECT states.STATE FROM states ORDER BY states.STATE ASC

Is there a way to handle this? Is there a sybase specific connection
setting or something like that?

Thanks
Thoralf