db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any Interest in Betwixt Map Templates?
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:53:47 GMT
As it is not a core feature of an om mapper and has nothing to do with
databases, I'd rather not include this in the generator. However, the
template and instructions of how to add it could be added to the website
in a "contrib" kind of directory, if that is ok with you.

    Thomas

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Greg Monroe wrote:

> Recently Thomas F. pointed me to Betwixted as a good XML import/export
> tool.
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/
>
> I liked it. But to do what I wanted, it needed a different DTD than
> Torque
> currently produces and a <betwixt-config> file to make the XML more
> readable,
> typo friendly, and work directly with the OM classes (as opposed to
> Beans
> only).
>
> Rather than manually creating and try to keep them in sync with my
> schema,
> I'm working on some Generator templates that will create a Betwixt Multi
>
> Mapping Document (<betwixt-config>) file (
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/guide/binding.html#Multi_Mappi
> ng_Document_Format
> ) and a matching DTD from the Torque Schema XML. These will be tied to
> the
> datadtd task and only be done if an optional build property flag is set.
>
> This would make it very simple to use Betwixt to import/export data
> to/from
> any record object in your schema.  Here's a sample of what the generated
>
> XML will look like.
>
> <!DOCTYPE dataset SYSTEM "bookstore-betwixt.dtd">
> <dataset name="bookstore">
>   <user>
>      <id>1</id>
>      <userName>admin</userName>
>      <password>secret</password>
>   </user>
>   <role>
>      <id>1</id>
>      <name>Admin</name>
>      <userName>admin</userName>
>   </role>
> </dataset>
>
> Is there any interest in including this as a new Torque feature?
>
> Greg
> Greg Monroe <Monroe@DukeCE.com> (919)680-5050
> C&IS Solutions Team Lead
> Duke Corporate Education, Inc.
> 333 Liggett St.
> Durham, NC 27701
>

> Duke CE Privacy Statement
> Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you
may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please
not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.