db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: If you "Struts", how do you validate?
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 12:37:30 GMT
Hi,

I do not use the Torque Data Objects as Struts form beans. Instead, the
struts action map those into each other. This choice probably is
non-standard but is founded in the kind of application where I use Struts
and Torque:  The data model and the user screens often do not contain the
same data. And if the data ist the same and is editable by the user, the
user is e.g. not allowed to edit all fields (and the user should under no
circumstances be able to edit the fields he is not allowed to edit, not
even by sending "false posts"). So I found it convenient to separate the
data the user can edit (struts beans) from the data in the data model
(Torque data objects) and the struts action knows how to map those into one
another. However, I would not consider this "best practice" for all
Struts-Torque applications, and maybe it is not even the best choice for my
applications, but it works.

     Thomas

Federico Fissore <federico.fissore@concept.it> schrieb am 21.05.2006
19:26:49: