db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Is Maven really necessary?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 19:44:41 GMT
A quick guess would be that you didn't add the new jars to your
Eclipse project's Java Build Path (properties/Java Build Path/
Libraries tab).

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Klein [mailto:matthias@cmklein.de]
Thanks a lot
Actually, I noticed that all jar files (at least those that one is
supposed to enter as dependencies in project.xml) are already in the
/lib
when downloading Torque from the project web site.
So I copied them all out of that directory into the /lib dir of my
project.
Then I added the torque-3.2.jar which I also found in the downloaded
package.
After refreshing my eclipse workspace I assumed everything would work
fine
- however, even though the torque.jar is correctly part of the library
container, any import of the kind org.apache.torque... can't be
resolved.
That I find rather strange.
Any clue?

Am Mi, 24.05.2006, 20:13, schrieb Greg Monroe:
> FWIW, I've used Torque with Ant & Eclipse for years and have only
> recently started using Maven (to test the code I've been submitting
> recently ;-) ). So, even though Maven makes it easier, it's not a
> requirement..  (All the Maven-ites groan because I'm getting up on my
> Torque with Ant/Eclipse soapbox...8P )
>

> Here's a link to a quick start on how to use Torque with Ant only
> e-mail I sent out a while back in response to a similar question.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/torque-user@db.apache.org/msg04509.html
>

> To integrate with Eclipse, I just add Ant as a project builder
> (make sure to specify "refresh" in the options).  Oh, and FWIW,
> I generally have a "Shared Libs" project with all the required
> Jars / Source Jars that my apps need (and matches the libs on our
> production servers.  This project exports all of them and I add it as
> required project to all my sub projects.
>
> As to the larger question of there being a torque build tool, e.g.
> "java torque-generate...".  This might be nice if it simpified
> what people needed to know to get started.  But I'm not sure if it's
REALLY
> that much different than doing ant -f torque-build.xml target.
>
> IMHO, a large part of the setup problems comes from just getting all
> the required Jars, etc, into your classpath. (Which Maven makes simple
:-)
> ).  A torque build tool would still have to have all these
> installed as well (including ant).
>
> On the other hand, if you packaged it like ant with all things needed
> included, it might be nice to be able to have a command line "torque"
tool.
> Feel free to put one together and submit it 8-).. maybe
> build a GUI for setting options/creating properties files.. lol.

But