db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thib <chep...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Torque and Turbine with Oracle 9i database
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 07:58:19 GMT
Hi,

I'm new using Turbine and Torque and I enjoyed using it. I work with tdk-2.2,
Turbine 2.2 and Torque 3.0 under Linux (Red Hat AS 3.0).

I migrated my database from Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i, and I try to use the
Oracle 9i jdbc for Torque connections. Each time the database throw an
error, the active connection between Torque and Oracle shutdown.

I patched the Oracle 8i jdbc helped by the Oracle website instructions but I
have new problems. For example, the connection between Toraque and Oracle
are never closed. So when the maximum number of connection allowed by Oracle
are reached, it become impossible to establish new connection to the
database (So, new user can't login on the website). Moreover, if the
database restart, I need to reload my application to restablish the
connection with the database.

Did you succeed using Torque 3.0 and Turbine with Oracle 9i under Linux ?

Is it necessary to migrate to a more recent version of Torque ? Is it
diffcult to do it in a few time ? 1 day or 1 week ? Need I to modify the
source code ?

Thanks for your responses ;)

Best regards,

Thibaud