db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Is Maven really necessary?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 14:41:06 GMT
On Wed, May 24, 2006 2:33 pm, Matthias Klein wrote:

> I am familiar with Ant and still would like to do this ad-hoc type
> development in a simpler fashion.
> However, since all of you here seem to disagree, I assume my best bet is
> to wrap my head around maven to be able to appreciate its advantages. Hey,
> may be I will even like that tool once I am done with it. Who knows.
> Oh well. May be maven is the way to go then...

If you want to build your WAR project using maven, you fill in a few basic
details in a project.xml file, and go:

 maven war

And that's it. Doesn't get much simpler really.

Your first project with maven tends to be a bit of a pain filling in the
project.xml file, but after that your second one is "copy and alter a few
values".

Regards,
Graham