db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "KERNEUZET FREDERIC" <Frederic.Kerneu...@pr-gicm.com>
Subject RE : Still socket problems
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 15:07:50 GMT
Hi,

always trying to understand what's going on with my application, i've monitored the "SQL Side"
with MS SQL Profiler, and I'm a bit surprised by results.

The web page i'm requesting here, is a list of all the content of a table "STRUCTURE".

Trace SQL side :
declare @P1 int
set @P1=180150168
declare @P2 int
set @P2=4
declare @P3 int
set @P3=1
declare @P4 int
set @P4=-1
exec sp_cursoropen @P1 output, N'SELECT STRUCTURE.CD, STRUCTURE.STRUCTURE_CD_MERE, STRUCTURE.LA,
STRUCTURE.LIB, STRUCTURE.SALARIE_CD_RESPONSABLE FROM STRUCTURE', @P2 output, @P3 output, @P4
output
select @P1, @P2, @P3, @P4

As you can see, it's "just" a select, but after this, there's a lot of "read" access on this
cursor, almost 22 000 reads ! (for a list of 9778 objects)

Like this one :
exec sp_cursorfetch 180150168, 2, 1, 256

Another important information :
all lists on the web side are shown with pagination system (10 objects on each page), that
automatically "alterate" the Criteria object used adding setLimit() and setOffset() parameters.
Besides, in the query shown before, I don't see those parameters on the SQL side, why ?

Is Torque requesting the entire list and then working with cursors directly on the SQL server
??

I'm a bit disappointed with this aspect, that I don't really know ..

Thanks for all your ideas.
Frederic