db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias Klein" <matth...@cmklein.de>
Subject Re: Is Maven really necessary?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 17:33:29 GMT
Okay, I tried this:
1. Installing maven
2. writing the two schema xml files and the project.properties
3. invoked the generator with "maven torque"

It all worked perfectly fine so far. Since I executed all this in my
project directory, the classes are even where they are supposed to be.
After a "refresh" even my IDE knows about them.

As you suggested, now I would like to do the "rest" with my IDE (until I
use maven for my project, too)

Question 1: Is that even possible to now keep going with "developing as
usual"?

Of course, the list of dependencies will have to be resolved first. But

Question 2: Is all I need to do add all required jars and plugins in my
/lib folder?

Question 3: Is there no one single dependecies file that I can download
and unpack it into my /lib ? (Doing this one by one is way too cumbersome
- and might force me to start using maven NOW :-)

Thanks

Matt