db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias Klein" <matth...@cmklein.de>
Subject Re: Is Maven really necessary?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 10:53:44 GMT
Thanks for your speedy reply. What I had in mind was, for small projects,
something like this:

A user creates the project.properties and the schema xml stuff. That's all
Then he calls

   java torque generate

to create all java files in the target source directory

Then the user can either type

   java torque compile

to compile the om stuff and place the class files in the specified target
dir or simply include this om source path in the project of his IDE (e.g.
Eclipse or Netbeans or whatever)

That would be very neat and simple and doesn't require so many different
scattered configuration files and different tools for different tasks