db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is Maven really necessary?
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 19:29:03 GMT
Matthias Klein wrote:
> Question 1: Is that even possible to now keep going with "developing as
> usual"?

Yes, that's what I do all the time.

> Of course, the list of dependencies will have to be resolved first. But
>
> Question 2: Is all I need to do add all required jars and plugins in my
> /lib folder?

Yes and no. You should look into MevenIDE. There you add a "Maven
nature" to your project and then you can synchronize the dependencies
between project.xml and the Eclipse class path.

> Question 3: Is there no one single dependecies file that I can download
> and unpack it into my /lib ? (Doing this one by one is way too cumbersome
> - and might force me to start using maven NOW :-)

No, at least not that I know of. This is one area where Maven shines. It
will resolve all your dependencies automagically. All this can be done
from within Eclipse if you want.

Bye, Thomas.