db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Is Maven really necessary?
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 12:09:49 GMT
Matthias Klein wrote:

> Of course, the list of dependencies will have to be resolved first. But
>
> Question 2: Is all I need to do add all required jars and plugins in my
> /lib folder?

Maven will resolve dependencies for you, and the built in "eclipse"
plugin for maven will keep eclipse in sync with your project.xml file.
In other words, do this:

  maven eclipse:generate-project
  maven eclipse:generate-classpath

Run the second step each time your dependencies change in project.xml,
and then "refresh" that project in eclipse.

There is an extra one off step in eclipse: Add a
java->buildpath->classpath variable called MAVEN_REPO pointing at your
~/.maven/repository directory, details in the eclipse plugin docs for maven.

Regards,
Graham