db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <h...@synyx.de>
Subject Re: Is Maven really necessary?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 12:11:56 GMT
Hi,
> A user creates the project.properties and the schema xml stuff. That's all
> Then he calls
>
>    java torque generate
>
> to create all java files in the target source directory
>
> Then the user can either type
>
>    java torque compile
>
> to compile the om stuff and place the class files in the specified target
> dir or simply include this om source path in the project of his IDE (e.g.
> Eclipse or Netbeans or whatever)

I don't see the necessity for such a thing. Ant is a very common tool
for Java developers. But if you'd like to have it I think it wouldn't be
difficult to implement. Ant tasks can be called from java quite easily.
There's a section in the ant manual describing the steps you'd have to take.

Good luck with your thesis ;)

Florian
<http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=/gQPU.&search=necessity>

--