db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Wizard of OS <sg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Torque/Oracle 10 Incrementation problem
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 10:40:38 GMT
Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Wizard of OS wrote:
>> first of all, please do *not* send HTML encoded mail to mailinglists
>> nor to others at all, they are a plague.
> My mail reader shows Thomas' message as text/plain.

I made CTRL+U and it showed plain too.
I don't undetstand this, checked some...

Edit: stupid me, I'm so sorry. Your messages *are* plain text.
I've several accs for years in TB, never used HTML, hate it. Don't know
why this acc explicitly was set to HTML composing.

>> I already realized what you have described.
>> I made direct SQL commit and oracle incremented the sequence anyway.
>> A transaction w/ rollback didn't work also. I think that the sequence
>> concept in Oracle is diffent to regular autoincrement.
> MySQL does the same. If you add a record to a table with autoincrement
> on and rollback, the autoincrement value will not be decremented, which
> leaves a "hole" in your primary key sequence.

Why?

This is a bug to me actually.
I don't see a good reason to produce swiss cheese.
Maybe Postgres does different.

Quite strange anyway,

thx for your feedback

Mike