db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Wizard of OS <sg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Torque/Oracle 10 Incrementation problem
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 08:55:50 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure whether this is possible with the current implementation
> of the Id generation, which uses two steps. In the first step,  Torque
> gets the id out of the id table (id method idbroker) or sequence (id
> method native) and in the second step, the insert is done. The only
> possibility I'd see is to use a rollback to restore the state of the
> database before the error. I guess this is not possible ussing the id
> broker, for as far as I know, it uses a separate db connection and
> thus runs in another transaction as the insert. I'm not so sure about
> sequences, but as you said it would jump ids,it seems that sequences
> live outside transactiond and thus never get restored to their
> previous value if a rollback is issued.
>
> I'm afraid I do not know an easy way to achieve what you want.
>
>     Thomas

Hi Thomas,

first of all, please do *not* send HTML encoded mail to mailinglists nor
to others at all, they are a plague.

I already realized what you have described.
I made direct SQL commit and oracle incremented the sequence anyway.
A transaction w/ rollback didn't work also. I think that the sequence
concept in Oracle is diffent to regular autoincrement.

thx

anyway

PS: idbroker fails too