db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque/Oracle 10 Incrementation problem
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 08:05:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is possible with the current implementation of
the Id generation, which uses two steps. In the first step,  Torque
gets the id out of the id table (id method idbroker) or sequence (id
method native) and in the second step, the insert is done. The only
possibility I'd see is to use a rollback to restore the state of the
database before the error. I guess this is not possible ussing the id
broker, for as far as I know, it uses a separate db connection and thus
runs in another transaction as the insert. I'm not so sure about
sequences, but as you said it would jump ids,it seems that sequences live
outside transactiond and thus never get restored to their previous value
if a rollback is issued.

I'm afraid I do not know an easy way to achieve what you want.

     Thomas