db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Federico Fissore <federico.fiss...@concept.it>
Subject If you "Struts", how do you validate?
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 17:26:49 GMT
Hello list,

I want to ask you a "best practice" question.

I'm quite new to Struts and Torque and I'm having good experiences.
Where I work, my colleagues are used in modifying the BaseObject to make
it extend the ValidatorForm class of Struts. Then they make all their
tables have their own BaseObject as the baseClass in order to obtain
Struts validation for free.
I think of this as dirty but functional.

But I see Struts has its BeanValidatorForm class, that *adapts* a
"legacy" bean in order to *add* validation.
Much cleaner but awkward as this leads you to write more code.

So my question is: how are you used to? and: do you have a best
practice?

Thank you all

Federico
--
Concept - shaping technology

Federico Fissore
Developer
federico.fissore@concept.it
http://www.concept.it

Concept S.r.l - via F.Tamagno, 3 - 20124 - Milano
tel: +39 0229536401
fax: +39 0220402984

E-Mail Disclaimer
the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.

Concept Srl, via F. Tamagno,3 - 20124 Milan - Italy - www.concept.it