db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Yang Sun" <aegir...@gmail.com>
Subject What is sqldb.map?
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:12:37 GMT
Hi,

I am a new user for Torque. It is really a great tool.

Now, my task is to transfer a database on postgresql to mysql. And my plan
is to:
1) dump the database structure with "ant jdbc" task.
2) dump the datadtd with "ant datadtd" task.
3) dump the data in the database with "ant dumpdata" task.
4) create the sql ddl for mysql database with "ant create-db" task.
5) create the sql file for inserting the existing data with "ant datasql"
task.

It works well for the first 3 tasks. But for step 4 and step 5. I met
problems.

For step 4, it creates a sql file called create-db.sql. But it only contains
two statements.
/-----------------------------------------
drop database if exists postgres;
create database postgres;
I have not naming the new database postgres. I do not know where the
database name "postgres" comes out. Could you give me some information on
this issue?

The other issue is for step 5. When I run "ant create-db", it always
complain that the application cannot find the "sqldb.map". Could you tell me
what the usage of that file and how to create it?

Thanks for your kind help.
Yang Sun