db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Ledbrook" <pe...@cacoethes.co.uk>
Subject Re: Postgresql, integer types, and size (Torque 3.2 only)
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:50:13 GMT
On 11/04/06, Peter Ledbrook <peter@cacoethes.co.uk> wrote:
> > If you are still of the opinion that this is a bug, can you please produce
> > a test case and create a issue in Torque's bug tracker ?
> >
> >    Thanks,
> >
> >      Thomas

Well, I downloaded and ran the Torque tests, and they worked fine. I
have also looked at the code generated by Torque for Scarab, and it
uses the "correctBooleans()" method to convert booleans to integers. I
thought that having 'javaType="primitive"' might be the problem, but
it has no effect on the unit test.

And yet, I'm still getting this exception in Scarab:

Caused by: org.apache.torque.TorqueException:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist:
smallint = boolean
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.throwTorqueException(BasePeer.java:103)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.executeQuery(BasePeer.java:899)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:740)
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:702)
	at org.tigris.scarab.om.BaseIssueTypePeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseIssueTypePeer.java:428)
	at org.tigris.scarab.om.BaseIssueTypePeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseIssueTypePeer.java:400)
	at org.tigris.scarab.om.BaseIssueTypePeer.doSelect(BaseIssueTypePeer.java:369)
	at org.tigris.scarab.om.AbstractScarabModule.getIssueTypes(AbstractScarabModule.java:852)
	at org.tigris.scarab.om.AbstractScarabModule.getIssueTypes(AbstractScarabModule.java:826)

Any ideas how to trace the queries that are going to PostgreSQL? I
just can't see how a boolean is being sent rather than an integer...

Cheers,

Peter