db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Helge Weissig <hel...@grajagan.org>
Subject Re: Torque generator leaves too many files open
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:13:41 GMT
Thanks Thomas & Greg! Turns out, this is a bit of egg in my face and
a bit of a mystery too... The solution was to set JAVA_HOME to /usr/
java/jdk (which points to /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06). When leaving it
unset, ant would detect java at /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/
jre instead and the torque targets would fail. Failure would actually
happen at an earlier point in project-sql when trying to download the
DTD for the schema files (Peer reset connection) if I ran through the
entire process. Just running the project-om target would cause the
error I reported initially also when using velocity 1.3.1. . Now the
mystery to me is how ant would pick the wrong java home... but that
is definitely off topic!

Anyways, for my (and maybe other's) education, what did you mean with
"generating the OM just using the Torque generator package?", Greg?
Did you mean executing the java call from the command line?

I knew I could futz (that's a technical term!!) with the limits via
ulimit, but users can usually not increase the number of descriptors
beyond a certain limit (1024 for my system). And with 240 tables and
4 classes to generate per table, I was probably just hitting that
limit with the wrong vm.

thanks again for your help!
h.