db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Torque generator leaves too many files open
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:22:48 GMT
FWIW, you generally don't have to increase the system limits
as a whole to get around this problem.  There is a command called
ulimit that lets you increase a specific sessions files open
limit from the default of 1024.

When you say good-sized, what does that mean in terms of tables,
etc?

Have you tried generating the OM just using the Torque generator
package?  This would help determine if it's Torque or something
else.

Duke CE Privacy Statement