db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: RE : Still socket problems
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:38:00 GMT
Below is my Torque.properties info. FYI - I set maxActive higher for
production and load testing.

About your exceptions problems, are all the tables owned by the user
you are connecting to the DB with?  Alternatively, does the owner
name match the one set by the "torque.database.schema" property
in your build.properties file?  MS SQL can be picky about this and
maybe the MS driver was doing something non-standard like looking
for owner.table and then dbo.table.

FWIW, I suggest having a common owner/db connection id and not
setting the schema unless you need to.  It makes the Torque
code much more portable.

Are you connecting with a SQL User or trying to use MS's net id
authentication?  I think there may be some extra parameters needed
by jTDS in the latter case. FWIW, I don't use this, I use a specific
SQL user (which is more portable).

Here's my config:

torque.database.default.adapter=mssql
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
# ;TDS=7.0 option needed for MS SQL 7.0 only.
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://mssql.dukece.com:1433/dbName;TDS=7.0
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user =  MSsqlUser
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = password

# # Using commons-dbcp
torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolD
ataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxIdle=8
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1

Duke CE Privacy Statement