db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Still socket problems
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:52:44 GMT
I use MS SQL with Torque and have load tested some of my webapp to
the point of 400+ users averaging 30+ page req/sec (with at least
one query per page) and not had problems.

One thing that I do differently was to use the open source jTDS
driver instead of MS's.  It's been stable for years, delivered with
a lot of products, passes the J2EE 1.3 cert (which I don't think MS's
drivers do), and is generally highly recommended by a lot of good
folks. (And it supports SQL 7.0 for folks stuck with that :)  ).

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/index.html

If this isn't the problem, then come back with some details on
your property settings, etc.

Duke CE Privacy Statement