db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Tomáš Procházka <t.procha...@centrum.cz>
Subject jdbc -> xml problem (MySQL)
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:52:12 GMT
Hi.

I'm use Torque only one day and it's perfect project. I looking for it for long time.

But I found one problem in Generator. I use MySQL 5 database. I created table with this SQL:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `car_type`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `car_type` (
  `id` mediumint(9) NOT NULL,
  `value` varchar(20) collate utf8_czech_ci default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_czech_ci;

and Generator create this:

     <column default="" name="id" primaryKey="true" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
     <column name="value" size="20" type="VARCHAR"/>

Problem is in default="". INTEGER type can not have empty string default value "".  This cause
problem while generating java code.

Is this bug in Torgue or MySQL or JDBC driver?

Also it's pity that it doesn't support comment of column or table, references integrity attributes
(ON DELETE CASCADE or ON UPDATE CASCADE), support for Java 1.5. It's something from them in
plan for future version?

--
Tomas Prochazka