db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Helge Weissig <hel...@grajagan.org>
Subject Re: using a second database
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:12:54 GMT
On Apr 12, 2006, at 8:44 AM, Helge Weissig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I am trying to use a second database but am having trouble
> accessing it (or configuring it, not sure). Below is what I have so
> far, most of it taken straight from the 3.2 distribution. When I
> ask Torque to give me a connection to "oracle", I get the mysql db
> connection.
[snip]
> # second DB
> torque.database.oracle.adapter=oracle
> torque.dsfactory.oracle.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPool
> DataSourceFactory
> torque.dsfactory.oracle.pool.maxIdle=8
> torque.dsfactory.oracle.pool.maxActive=10
> torque.dsfactory.oracle.pool.testOnBorrow=true
> torque.dsfactory.oracle.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
> torque.database.oracle.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> torque.database.oracle.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunfire:1521:actx
> torque.database.oracle.username=<user2>
> torque.database.oracle.password=<password2>
> torque.database.oracle.maxConnections=4
> torque.database.oracle.expiryTime=3600000
                 ^^^^^^^^

OUCH!!! bad configuration!! This should read

torque.dsfactory.oracle.connection.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDrive
torque.dsfactory.oracle.connection.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@sunfire:
1521:actx
torque.dsfactory.oracle.connection.username=<user2>
torque.dsfactory.oracle.connection.password=<password2>

found out after removing the torque generator jars out of my runtime
path an getting the torque logging to work. I'll add this as a FAQ.

cheers,
h.