db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Eustache <eustache.fel...@idilia.com>
Subject Re: using unknown number of databases having the same "structure"
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:26:38 GMT
And what about simply using ?

Criteria c = new Criteria();
c.setDbName("db1");
List myObjects1 = MyClassPeer.doSelect(c);
c.setDbName("db2");
List myObjects2 = MyClassPeer.doSelect(c);

Greg Monroe wrote:

>First, a warning about re-initializing Torque on the fly.
>You need to remember that your web application might be
>in use by more than one person.  You need to take this
>into account in your code to insure nobody has their
>DB setting redone by someone else.
>
>That said, most of Torque's main methods have versions
>that take an SQL connection object as a parameter.  If
>you write your code to use these methods, you can use
>these methods on any matching DB.
>
>Note that you will have to do your own management of
>these connections, e.g. opening, closing, pooling,
>transaction handling, and the like.
>
>Also not that some of the Torque methods (like getting
>foreign key linked records) open connections interally
>using the matching schema dbname JDBC info.  These will
>not work with on the fly DB selection.
>
>One possible thing to look at is using Torque's
>getConnection( dbName ) method to let Torque's DBFactory
>manage your connection pool. The main issue here might be
>figuring out how to add a new DB on the fly.  Looking at
>TorqueInstance.initDataSourceFactories( Configuration ),
>it seems like you could override Torque and TorqueInstance
>to be able to add DataSourceFactories on the fly.

communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you
may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please
not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.