db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Eustache <eustache.fel...@idilia.com>
Subject using unknown number of databases having the same "structure"
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:43:41 GMT
Hi, maybe somebody can give me an idea or point me to some resource:
I have several databases having the same structure but the number of
databases and their name are not known at design time (I have another
database to remember all that).
I would like to be able to use Torque generated classes with parameters
at runtime (db name, host, user, etc.).
Of course I would like to generate only one bunch of classes for all
these databases since they have the same structure.
I looked at DB Schema support
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2/docs-all-components/other-howtos/schema-howto.html
but I don't think it is what I want.
I also looked at "using Torque with multiple databases" but it is only
part of the answer because first I would like to make this configuration
dynamic (at runtime) and second the generated classes sould use a
"parameterized" database name (not sure there).
Any ideas ?
Thx very much,