db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using a second database
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:36:02 GMT
Helge Weissig wrote:
> The requirement to have the name in the schema and in the configuration
> match is somewhat cumbersome for a multi-developer environment, where
> each developer needs to have their own database. The old way (way old!!)
> used to be that the db name was only specified once in
> TurbineResources.properties and hence needed to be changed only once
> when setting up a new sandbox. Maybe it's easier when using the Turbine
> M.E.T.A approach... does anyone know?

Yes, you can still do that. The name in the schema and the name in the
Torque configuration have nothing to do with the real name of the
database. This is usually specified in the JDBC-URL only. The other two
names are just used to handle the matching of generated objects and
configurations appropriately.

I for example do this as well: The name of my schema is "turbine" and
the name of my developer database is "testdb".

Bye, Thomas