db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using a second database
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:29:23 GMT
Helge Weissig wrote:
> I may have not been very clear on the setup I have. Basically, I
> generate all Torque objects for the mysql database only and use the
> second one with straight SQL and BasePeer.executeQuery(sql, dbName)  or
> BasePeer.executeStatement(sql, connection). I am not trying to use
> Table1Peer for both databases.
>
> But when I do
>
> String initSql = "select cdcaux.ctenvinit('user.tablespace') from dual";
> BasePeer.executeQuery(initSql, "oracle");
>
> the query is done in my mysql database, not the oracle one.

As Greg said, the name of your database in the Torque configuration
should match the one you defined in your schema-xml. I guess it shouldbe
sufficient to generate at least one table object in a database called
"oracle" and see what happens.

BTW, why don't you use the Peers  in your Oracle database?

Bye, Thomas.