db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Helge Weissig <hel...@grajagan.org>
Subject Re: BaseMyTable.getFieldNames() replacement?
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:16:09 GMT
On Apr 12, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Greg Monroe wrote:
> Hmm, I looked at my Torque 3.2 generated classes and I
> see a getFieldNames() method being generated.
>
> I think the problem may be in your build.properties
> file.  There have been a lot of major changes in the
> way this is set up and if you use an older version
> odd things may happen.
>
> In particular, you need to make sure the default.properties
> is the same version and that in your build.properties you
> have addGetByNameMethod set to true.

ahh... I guess in http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2/
generator/properties-reference.html , the "If true, Torque adds
methods to get database fields by name/position." strangely includes
getFieldNames()! ;)

thanks so much,
h.

PS: <soapbox content="complaint" attitude="self-righteous">I have
noticed that a lot of links on the apache documentation pages are
broken and I had to dig out a lot of pages from the internet archive
at www.archive.org. Maybe if everyone actually did something (e.g.
submit a documentation patch at http://issues.apache.org/scarab/
issues) when they run into a broken link, this would get solved
eventually</soapbox> (Ok, I went and got a Wiki account and
contributed to the FAQ already... even if minor, I hope it helps!!)