db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque and iBATIS
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:56:38 GMT
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, Tomáš Procházka wrote:

> But in Torque I can also use my own SQL, whne I need some complication operation.
> For example: BazarsPeer.executeQuery("SELECT ...");

Yes, but the results of that query are not automatically mapped to java
objects. You can do custom sql in Torque, but it is not very convenient.

> I don't found any information about speed of Torque.

Nobody has yet cared to benchmark it. For the usual stuff (simple
selects, updates etc ), the speed of the OM layer is not
important as the database is the bottleneck in my experience. I'd guess
that Torque is not slow there, because it does not need reflection.

A known weakness of the speed of Torque is mass updates and mass deletes.
Torque loads all datasest instead of issuing a simple sql statement.

   Thomas