db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Tomáš Procházka <t.procha...@centrum.cz>
Subject Re: jdbc -> xml problem (MySQL)
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:35:13 GMT
Hi.

T> This looks like a bug in the jdbc2xml task. Can you create an issue in the
T> issue tracker please ?

I try it.

T> Java 1.5 support is already in SVN. You may want to build from SVN.
T> It also supports comment on column/table for some databases, but I cannot
T> remember whether in 3.2 or in SVN only.

I download latest SVN a try it compile. But I doesn't have experience with Maven before. I
install Maven 2, then I find out that Torque need Maven 1. I install Maven 1, run maven  build
in root directory, it's doesn't work, then I run maven install ant its work :-) Only runtime
doesn't compile because:

Attempting to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
Attempting to download jndi-1.2.1.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jndi-1.2.1.jar.

I try used torque-gen-templates-3.2.1-dev.jar and torque-gen-3.2.1-dev.jar from svn trunk
and no Java 1.5 generics found in generated source code :-(

T> Cascading is something I have to look into; there are no current plans I am
T> aware of. It is not supported natively by all databases, so we might have
T> to do it manually for databases which do not support it, and this might be
T> problematic.

Support only for databases which be able to use cascading will be adequate.

But I thing, that is not problem, when I use this system on the database which use cascading.
I only must use own SQL script (not generated with Generator).