db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Ledbrook" <pe...@cacoethes.co.uk>
Subject Postgresql, integer types, and size (Torque 3.2 only)
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:05:01 GMT
Hi,

I have tried to build Scarab against a postgresql database, but I'm
running into a problem with the SQL generated by Torque. The Scarab
database schema specifies a size for some of its integer columns, and
these columns then have a type of INTEGER(n), where 'n' is the given
size. For example:

  <column name="DELETED" required="false" type="BOOLEANINT"
default="0" size="1" javaType="primitive"/>

becomes the SQL:

  DELETED INT2(1)

Unfortunately, postgresql does not support a size here, i.e. "INT2"
works, but "INT2(1)" does not. Note that this problem occurs with
INTEGER as well as BOOLEANINT.

Is this a know problem? Is there a workaround other than removing the
'size' attributes from integer columns?

Thanks,

Peter