db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Antwort: JDBC->Xml Generation on Oracle 9i doesn't include indexes?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:47:16 GMT
Hi,

Torque uses the information in the Database connection's metadata to obtain
information about the tables, because that is the only standardized way to
get that information via jdbc. I would strongly suspect that the
information about functions, packages and procedures is not contained
there. Besides, Torque does not know about these, so it would throw the
information away anyway.
I am not so sure about indexes, though. I have seen this question asked a
few times in the past and I do not remember it got answered thoroughly.
Looking at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2
/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html#getIndexInfo(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20boolean,%20boolean),
 the information could be in the metadata. It is quite probable this is
simply not implemented. Patches are welcome !

        Thomas