db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Damien Corbishley" <Damien.Corbish...@uk.intervoice.com>
Subject RE: trim whitespace
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:21:15 GMT
This doesn't help you directly but knowing about it may help sometime in
the future. We've found that using Sybase ASE versions 11 onwards that
if you insert an empty string into a column it actually gets stored as a
single space. But that is particular to Sybase and I've not seen it
anywhere else. An the issue isn't anything to do with the driver, it's
actually with Sybase.

Damien

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential
and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention
or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's
designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must treat the information
in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy and confidentiality of
such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email, including all
attachments.