db-torque-user mailing list archives

From John Dunne <imir...@alldunne.com>
Subject multiple databases and addDescendingOrderByColumn
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:41:05 GMT
Is it possible to create a set of torque class files (from a schema.xml
file) that will work for multiple copies of schematically (?) identical
databases? The problem I have is a nullpointerexception whenever I call
addDescendingOrderByColumn on the database other than the one specified
in the name property of the database xml element in schema.xml.

For example

      Criteria crit = new Criteria(databasename);
      crit.addDescendingOrderByColumn(TablenamePeer.STARTTIME);
      List l = TablenamePeer.doSelect(crit);

will generate a null pointer exception if databasename!=default db name
i.e. the database name specified in the schema.xml. I've tried replacing
the name property with * and comma deliminating all databases names, no
success.... Any assistance would be gratefully welcome.

John.