db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Torque Connection pool .. ORA- 01453 - Set Transaction must be the first statement
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:33:17 GMT
Using commits/rollbacks without explicitly startung a connection may look
unclean but does not cause any problems in practice (at least none known
to me). The problem described seems to be the other way round: there is no
rollback/commit where should be one.

   Thomas

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Greg Monroe wrote:

> I did a quick wander thru the Torque code and saw one thing
> that did not look right to me.  Here's some background first:
>
> All of the Torque Transaction handling is built on the
> Transaction class. This is used primarily by the BasePeer
> methods like doUpdate(Criteria) and the like.
>
> These methods are the ones that automatically wrap the
> DB actions as a transaction with rollback.
>
> The first thing that didn't look right to me was that the
> Transaction.beginOptional(dbName, useTransaction) method
> is called with the useTransaction arg set to the value of
> criteria.isUseTransation().  This value is set to false by
> default.
>
> So, it seems that if you don't set this explicitly on your
> Criteria, you are not using really using transactions but
> you still have the Transaction try/catch code with commits and
> rollbacks.
>
> Shouldn't the default for isUseTransactions() be true and/or
> the code handle the false condition without calling the
> extra transaction methods?

communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you
may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please
not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.