db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re:Torque Connection pool .. ORA- 01453 - Set Transaction must be the first statement
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:57:46 GMT
Hi,

Torque uses transaction internally. However, from all I've seen so far,
Torque does a good job in committing the Transactions it opens (I've never
heard of problems there).
However, there is a bug in dbcp if you use a transaction isolation other
than READ_COMMITTED and verify the connection using a verify statement.
I've seen it myself when setting the transaction isolation to
SERIALIZABLE. There is a bug report both in Torque's Scarab issue tracker
and in dbcp's bugzilla (however, at the moment at least scarab is unusable
because of problems on the issues.apache.org machine, I'm afraid).
The other thing which could happen is anything which could make a
try...finally block fail. This would have to be something like the
operating system killing a thread, it does not normally happen in java.

    Hope this helps,

            Thomas