db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: What are possible causes of: IDBroker ... does not support transactions.
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:46:28 GMT
Hmm, at this point, I'd try doing a simple jsp page
to manually open the DB and do a simple query with
straight JDBC calls using the DB URL and other info
in the Torque properties.  Something like:

<%@ page import="java.sql.*" %>
<%
Driver driver = (Driver)Class.
      forName(<mysql driver>).newInstance();
Connection conn =
      DriverManager.getConnection(<url>,<user>,<pwd);
PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement(
   "SELECT * FROM <a new table>");
ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery();
if (rs != null) {
%>
Found <%=rs.size()%> results.
<% } else %>
ResultSet was null!
<% } %>

If this page works from the same WebApp, then you
know it's not a connection, class path, driver issue
and can go from there.

One other thought is that it might be a case
sensitivity issue. Do the tables you restored have
the same case as the original/production names?

Duke CE Privacy Statement