db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: What are possible causes of: IDBroker ... does not support transactions.
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:17:10 GMT
Some additional quick thoughts...

You will also see the Broker message if you are doing two calls to
Torque init, e.g. Torque is being initialized in two different web
apps. They should be wrapped in a check to see if Torque has already
been initialized.

I noticed that your properties has:

torque.database.default=default_stupid_thing

I assume this is a debug statement?  I think with 3.0 and above
the new syntax applies, so this should be =default to associate
all the xxx.xxx.default.xxx settings.

As to the "Default" name, this is the name used in the schema
that created the Java classes.  It does not match a physical
Database on MySQL, but is a Torque "logical" grouping id.

To get more debug information, create a log4j.properties
file in your classpath with something like:

log4j.rootLogger=debug, RollingFile
log4j.appender.RollingFile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.RollingFile.File=${catalina.home}\\logs\\debug.log
log4j.appender.RollingFile.MaxFileSize=2000KB
log4j.appender.RollingFile.MaxBackupIndex=3
log4j.appender.RollingFile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.RollingFile.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.apache.torque=DEBUG

Another odd possiblity is the location of your JDBC driver.  I have
had some strange class loader related problems if it's located in
the Web Application lib.  You might try putting it at the server
level. (Equivalent of Tomcat's common/lib directory).

Good luck.

Duke CE Privacy Statement