db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Barbieri <m.barbi...@ste-energy.com>
Subject Re: Saving two related objects
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:18:08 GMT

Greg Monroe ha scritto:

>If you have a forgeign key field, there should be a method
>like setTable2Key(ObjectKey) in it.  You should use this to
>set the relationship.  E.g.:
>
>second.setFirstKey( first.getPrimaryKey() )

Doesn't work, same error

org.apache.torque.TorqueException: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot add or
update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails

>I'm not sure where you're finding a Torque method with
>the signature setFirstClass( First value )?

If First is the name of a class an Second the name of another class with
a foreign key to First, I have the method setFirst(First value) in the
Second class.

--
Matteo Barbieri