db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Bryce Nesbitt <bry...@obviously.com>
Subject Re: What are possible causes of: IDBroker ... does not support transactions.
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:14:49 GMT
Greg Monroe wrote:
> log4j statements in the Torque.properties have never
> worked for me.. try creating a separate log4j.properties
> file in the class path.  It generates tons of output
> for me under Tomcat.

Got it.  But it is the exact same, less than detailed, error message:

DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils -
setProperty(com.myclient.xxx.v2.web.member.LoginForm@dc67e, userid, [5403])
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils -
Convert string '5403' to class 'java.lang.String'
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils -
Using converter
org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.StringConverter@14384c2
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils -
setProperty(com.myclient.xxx.v2.web.member.LoginForm@dc67e, pin, [XXXX])
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils -
Convert string 'XXXX' to class 'java.lang.String'
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils -
Using converter
org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.StringConverter@14384c2
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor -
Validating input form properties
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor -
No errors detected, accepting input
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor -
Looking for Action instance for class
com.myclient.xxx.v2.web.member.LoginAction
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor -
Creating new Action instance
DEBUG Thread-0 org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker - IDBroker thread was started.
WARN tcpConnection-6809-0 org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker - IDBroker is
being used with db 'default', which does not support transactions.
IDBroker attempts to use transactions to limit the possibility of
duplicate key generation.  Without transactions, duplicate key
generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or other means are used
to write to the database.
DEBUG tcpConnection-6809-0
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources -
getMessage(en_US,unhandledException)