db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Bryce Nesbitt <bry...@obviously.com>
Subject Re: What are possible causes of: IDBroker ... does not support transactions.
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:32:03 GMT
Greg Monroe wrote:
> You will also see the Broker message if you are doing two calls to
> Torque init, e.g. Torque is being initialized in two different web
> apps. They should be wrapped in a check to see if Torque has already
> been initialized.
There are several apps started, but none of them work, so I don't think
this is it.
> I noticed that your properties has:
> torque.database.default=default_stupid_thing
> I assume this is a debug statement?  I think with 3.0 and above
> the new syntax applies, so this should be =default to associate
> all the xxx.xxx.default.xxx settings.
Yes.  A frustration edit -- if it claims the name default I outght to be
able to change it.
I am attempting to prove to myself this property file is actually parsed.

> To get more debug information, create a log4j.properties
> file in your classpath with something like:
> log4j.rootLogger=debug, RollingFile
> log4j.appender.RollingFile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.RollingFile.File=${catalina.home}\\logs\\debug.log
> log4j.appender.RollingFile.MaxFileSize=2000KB
> log4j.appender.RollingFile.MaxBackupIndex=3
> log4j.appender.RollingFile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.RollingFile.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
> log4j.logger.org.apache.torque=DEBUG
No log results.  torque.properties already had:

log4j.category.org.apache.torque = DEBUG, org.apache.torque
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque = org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.MaxFileSize = 10MB
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.MaxBackupIndex = 2
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file = /logs/v2.log
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p
%c - %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = false
log4j.category.org.myclient = ALL, org.apache.torque
log4j.category.com.mycompany = ALL, org.apache.torque

Which also results in no log file.