db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Trevor Miller" <web...@fox5.co.za>
Subject Re: DB user name and password
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 06:08:17 GMT
What I like to do for web applications is to put the properties file in a
jar file and then use a class loader to read it. Since the jar file is in
the lib dir of the web application, nobody can download it and unjar it
which provides some security. Of course this is still not 100% secure.

Another way would be to hard code the username and password in your
application, but this means that you have to recompile if the username and
password should change, which might not be a good idea.

Trevor